Banner

Banner

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Nagcarlan Talahibing River: A Non-Distant Paradise


      Living in Nagcarlan as a kid, I grew up spending my summer days swimming in the rivers of the town almost everyday. Me and my childhood friends often go picnic with our lunches and take dips to the rivers cold waters. If you're hungry for water adventures during summer days, Nagcarlan will surely be an interesting place to go. Here I'll let you take a glimpse of what is for the taking at the waters of Nagcarlan.







    Nagcarlan is home to many creeks and rivers, among them is the Talahibing River. This river runs from the foot of Mount Banahaw to the outskirts of the town. Just a few steps from the center of the town and you're in for a paradise experience. 

      I used to go swimming here as a child. But so I heard that development was going on I decided to check it out. Upon seeing what's going on I knew this river would be a fun place for picnics with family and friends. A lot better now than when I was a kid.


I don't know much about history and stuff about the river, all I know is that there will be lots of fun here when the development is done. Here are more pics of this non-distant paradise.






Below is a scene from the stage play "Bajo la Campana" by Koryo Arts Center for Dance, Music and Drama which depicts the locals of Nagcarlan washing their clothes in the Talahibing River.

/

I'll update this for more information soon.


Travel Guide:

From Manila:
                Bus Ride to San Pablo via Lucena City bound buses.
                Land Mark is SPC Medical Center
                Fare P127

                Jeepney ride From SPC Medical Center to City Proper of San Pablo
                Fare P8

                Jeepney ride from San Pablo City to Nagcarlan
                Terminal is near the San Pablo Cathedral.
                Fare P25
Photos by: manofstillsrem

No comments:

Post a Comment